Monday, June 7, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, Physical Exercise!!

My summer has officially begun! And I am already sensing a trend. I exercise all day, socialize at night, and sleep whenever the opportunity presents itself. Since I am a natural born Coloradoan, I have a deep appreciation for hiking. So yesterday I hiked 2 miles, up 2000 feet, to a freezing cold lake, and jumped into it with only my underwear on! Yup, thats my idea of fun this summer. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving again to go hike the Spanish Peaks. They are 13,000ft mountains but because they are isolated from the rest of the Rocky Mountains, you have to hike up at least 7,000 feet to the summit. Whoop! Let the off-trail backpacking begin!

So here's another quick little thought. I do subscribe to any religion, but I do believe that there is a higher power. This idea was reinforced for me yesterday when I was eating watermelon. If you think about it, watermelons are such a strange fruit. They are green on the outside but when opened they offer a vibrant, red, sweet fruit inside! Its an incredible phenomenon in my opinion, and no amount of science can create anything like that!

Now I'm off to pack!

Peace, Love, and Sunshine,

HAYLEY(:

No comments:

Post a Comment